Hudson Valley Regional
FIRST® New York City will host 48 teams at the Hudson Valley Regional Competition. Teams from the New York tri-state area, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, India, Turkey, and the United Kingdom will compete in FIRST STEAMWORKS with the winning teams advancing to the global competition.
Also, join us for a career fair where students will have the opportunity to meet with college representatives.
March 24-26, 2017 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rockland Community College – Eugene Levy Fieldhouse
145 College Road, Suffern, NY 10901
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
FIRST® Robotics Competition
Saturday, March 25 & Sunday, March 26
An exciting sports-like tournament with 48 competing high school teams of future technologists and entrepreneurs.
- Download Layout and Program Agenda
- View Detailed Competition Schedule
- Download 2017 Hudson Valley Pit Map
- View Matches Live
- Event Results
Hudson Valley Regional College Fair
Friday, March 24
12:00pm – 4:00pm
The following colleges and universities will be participating in the College Fair. They are among the 200 colleges and universities who provide $50 million in scholarships to students who are members of a FIRST® team:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Illinois Institute of Technology
Johnson and Wales University
Lawrence Technological University
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rockland Community College
Syracuse University College of Engineering and Computer Science
Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology
The 2017 Hotel reservation system is now open. Visit https://registration.experientevent.com/MEMBureau/ROB151 to make your reservation.
Click Here to download the Rockland County Community College Concession Menu.
Transportation and Parking:
- Click Here for Driving Directions
- Visitor parking is available on-site
Transport of Rockland (TOR) Bus System serves RCC’s main campus from all corners of Rockland County. Currently, TOR has five Bus Routes (59, 93, 94, 95, Loop 3) that stop at RCC each weekday with day and evening routes. TOR buses also provide transportation to the campus on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Clarkstown MINI-TRANS – Bus Service from Nanuet to various locations in Clarkstown
- Coach USA – Rockland Coaches – Connecting Service from Rockland County to various location in NJ and NYC
- Coach USA – Shortline – Connecting Service from Suffern to Bergen County (NJ) and New York City
- NJ Transit Bus Service -Connecting Service within New Jersey
- Spring Valley Jitney – Connecting Service within Spring Valley
- TAPPAN ZEExpress Bus – Connecting Service to and from Rockland and Westchester counties
- Westchester Beeline – Connecting Service within Westchester County.
- Metro-North Train -Train Service from Westchester to New York City. Use TZx to connect to Metro-North stations in Westchester (Tarrytown or White Plains station)
- New Jersey Transit – Train Service from Rockland to New Jersey and New York City
- NJ Transit Student Pass
- 511 NY Rideshare