FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. introduces 6 to 9 year-old children to the exciting worlds of science and technology. The program features a real-world challenge, to be solved by research, critical thinking and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, students work with LEGO® elements and moving parts to create solutions and present them for review in annual competitions.
Grades K-3 (ages 6-9) get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO® components.
- Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills.
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists.
- Discover real-world math and science.
- Begin developing employment and life skills.
- Choose to participate in events and celebrations.
- Engage in team activities guided by FIRST® LEGO® League Core Values.
Details on the New York City FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Expo Coming Soon!
2015-2016 FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Challenge
Click Here to learn more about the challenge.