NYC FIRST runs immersive, hands-on STEM education and robotics programs that serve 7,000 students annually.
FIRST Robotics Leagues
600 teams compete across our four robotics leagues:
- FIRST LEGO League Jr. (grades K-3)
- FIRST LEGO League (grades 4-8)
- FIRST Tech Challenge (grades 7-12)
- FIRST Robotics Competition (grades 9-12)
Our two STEM Centers offer high school credit-bearing courses, after-school and weekend workshops, and summer programs, and are located at:
- STEM Center at Cornell Tech
- STEM Center at NY Public Library in Washington Heights
We seek to inspire young people to be leaders in science, technology and engineering by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build their STEM skills.
We seek to instill a sense of creativity and exploration, without fear of failure, that will get students to think and act like scientists, inventors and entrepreneurs. At the same time, we want to prepare students for the increasingly numerous jobs that demand a deeper understanding of, and facility for, the STEM fields.