FIRST® LEGO® League introduces 9 to 14 year-old students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO®-based robots to complete a variety tasks which simulate a real-life technological challenge, for example exploring energy alternatives, global warming, nanotechnology or the surface of Mars. FIRST® LEGO® League teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and learn to make positive contributions to society leading up to and during annual competitions.
Grades 4-8 (ages 9-14) get to:
- Strategize, design, build, program, and test a robot using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology.
- Create innovative solutions for challenges facing today’s scientists as part of their research project.
- Apply real-world math and science concepts.
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self confident.
- Become involved in their local and global community.
- Choose to participate in official tournaments and local events.
- Qualify for an invitation to World Festival.
- Engage in team activities guided by FIRST® LEGO® League Core Values.
2016-2017 FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge
Click Here to learn more about the challenge.