FIRST LEGO® League introduces 9 to 14 year-old students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO®-based robots to complete a variety tasks which simulate a real-life technological challenge, for example exploring energy alternatives, global warming, nanotechnology or the surface of Mars. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and learn to make positive contributions to society leading up to and during annual competitions.
Grades 4-8 (ages 9-14) get to:
- Strategize, design, build, program, and test a robot using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology.
- Create innovative solutions for challenges facing today’s scientists as part of their research project.
- Apply real-world math and science concepts.
- Develop employment and life skills including critical thinking, time management, collaboration, and communication while becoming more self confident.
- Become involved in their local and global community.
- Choose to participate in official tournaments and local events.
- Qualify for an invitation to World Festival.
- Engage in team activities guided by FLL Core Values.
Details for the 2014 New York City FLL Championships are Coming Soon!
2013-2014 FLL Challenge
- Download Nature’s Fury Game Manual and other documents