Dubbed a “varsity sport for the mind,” FIRST Robotics Competition combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of 25 students or more are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand,” hone teamwork skills, and build and program a robot to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors. It’s as close to “real world” engineering that a student can get. Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team.
Grades 9-12 (ages 14-18) get to:
- Learn from professional engineers.
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design.
- Learn and use sophisticated hardware and software.
- Be exposed to design, project management, programming, teamwork, strategic thinking and Coopertition™.
- Earn a place in the Championship.
- Qualify for nearly $15 million in college scholarships.
CLICK HERE for details on the 2015 New York City FRC Championships
2015 FRC Game
- Download RECYCLE RUSHSM Game Manual and other documents