FIRST Tech Challenge is designed for 14 to 18 year-old students. Teams of up to 10 students design, build and program their robots to compete in a game of skill and strategy against other teams. The FTC robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and uses a variety of programming languages. Teams including coaches, mentors and volunteers develop strategy and build robots based on sound engineering principles – and then put the robots to the test in annual competitions.
View FTC Program Costs
Grades 9-12 (ages 14-18) get to:
- Design, build, and program robots.
- Apply real-world math and science concepts.
- Develop problem-solving, organizational, and team-building skills.
- Compete and cooperate in alliances at tournaments.
- Earn a place in the World Championship.
- Qualify for more than $7 million in college scholarships.
Important FTC Links:
2015-2016 FTC Game
- Download FIRST RES-Qsm Game Manual and other documents
- Registration for Qualifying Tournaments coming soon